Sunday, May 16, 2010

Smile - or Else!

OMG. Everyone who has come into the bakery this morning has been grumpy. Worse than MyPoolBoy after a night of tequila shots. Like "you're the kind of person who has dwarves named after you Grumpy." I think most of them just got up on the wrong side of the planet. A few I suspect had their facelifts pulled too tight. Some are upset because of the lack of donuts (this is a BAKEry, not a FRYery - everything here is baked with love, not oil - you can't make donuts with love). MyPoolBoy suggested we set up a donut stand out in the parking lot outside. And I laughed out loud - a LOT - much to my own amusement, the embarrassment of MyPoolBoy, and the annoyance of the grumps. AND they are playing 60's music on the radio. HOW IN THE H3LL can you be in a bad mood with "Lover's Concerto" in the background?

Regardless, I am not in the mood to have my day invaded by grumpy people today. It doesn't help that I've had 2 1/2 cups of non-decaf this morning, either. And I am wearing my sequin flamingo flip-flops and my rhinestone cat-eye shades. You know that glitter and sequins and rhinestones change lives - I firmly believe that they are mood-altering anti-depressants.

I have threatened to stand up in the booth and scream out - "That's it! Start smiling people! You're screwing up my karma!" And then I will pass out smiley face glitter stickers to everyone and make them sing "Kumbaya."

No comments: