Tuesday, July 12, 2005

2 Absolutely Insane Ideas

Ok - I've been yoyoing between for 3 days now. I got this crazy idea while watching Celebrity Fit Club on VH1: I'm going to use the show as a model to chart my progress and set goals. Victoria Jackson is on this season -- she is a former gymnast, also and they have set her weight loss goal as 30 pounds. That's what I want to lose! I also found a MSN group that is doing the same thing, so I signed up. Then, while visiting VJ's website, I found a lot of photos of various places that she has done handstands. So inspiration for insane idea #2: since everyone always complains that I am always the one with the camera and that there are never any pictures of me on vacation, I will start having my picture made doing a handstand every odd place I get a chance. Then I can start a scrapbook of it -- INSANE !!!! I love it!

SO I'm off to lose my first 4 pounds - the goal that Harvey gave VJ for this week. I figure that I can try to hit about 1/2 pound per day.

On a personal level: they have moved MyPoolBoy's company's plant to Mexico -- we had ONE WEEK WARNING! So as of Friday, his last day, he is unemployed. The hopeful news is that there is a theater tech aide position open at the high school -- MyPoolBoy's references for that kind of job include one of the most prominent names in the business community here, the co-founder of the community theater, and the MAYOR of our town! It will be a cut in pay but if we don't have to pay for Thunderduck's insurance and we cut back in a few other places, we might can make the salary situation work. I know he would be happier in a CLEAN job for a change. PLUS theater is something he likes to do and he' d be getting his foot in the door to teaching -- if he can stick it out for 2 years he can get his tuition paid.

Alas, TrainWreck didn't qualify for the AAU Jr. Olympics again this year... but he got his feet wet on the Decathlon and I think he is a little more serious about setting goals for himself now.

ok...to the treadmill

No comments: