Friday, September 23, 2005

Another Advertising Rant

I'm no dummy. I can tell when a man is writing what he thinks a woman wants to hear.

The Bounty commercial with the guy making the birthday cake -- well, takes the cake.
FIRST of all, he is holding a puppy. HOLY COW how unsanitary to have this damn dog in the kitchen while you are making my cake. What the hell is wrong with you, you MAN???

SECOND, Mr. Voice thinks that because he is talking all "I'm a white Barry White" that I'm supposed to swoon -- shut up, it's causing me to have an aneurism because my blood pressure is already elevated because you have a dog in my kitchen.

THIRD, OH NO YOU DID NOT JUST WIPE THAT DRY TOWEL OVER THE FROSTING YOU DROPPED ON MY COUNTERTOPS! Get some 409, that's why God invented it. Just spread the sugar mess all over my kitchen so that it gets the sticky all over the countertops and not just where you dropped it. Or maybe you were planning on turning the dog loose on the counter to lick/clean it up.

Apparantly we are supposed to be distracted by the too tight shirt on the guy who is wiping his mess all over the counter -- all that tells me is that the guy screwed up the laundry, too!

No comments: