Thursday, May 11, 2006

redemption and more omg!

First of all - wtf is going on with my weight? I ballooned up this week! The highest I have ever been! I have been doing TrimSpa and working out a little in the mornings and eating less - and actually getting more salads. Hopefully tomorrow it will go down since I walked all over town for 5 hours.

Well, my kids redeemed themselves on the field trip today. One of my volunteer moms couldn't make it because of work and the other flaked out and went to a hair appointment and did not meet us until the return trip back. SOOO I was walking 17 kids downtown by myself and they were SOOOO good. Then I started thinking back to the horrible field trip that we had a couple of weeks ago and realized that most of the problems were in Felix's homeroom that day. I also saw how out of line and noisy they were when we met up to eat pizza at the halfway point. My kids were fabulous and got compliments everywhere we went. I told them I was really proud of them, but I will probably take them for some extra recess when I get back Monday (going to the state track meet tomorrow!).

More omg! -- One of the teachers at our school has a son who was in shop when MyPoolBoy taught it the first semester. He had gone home and told her everything and she wanted to know if he was exaggerating because he told her a retired Mr. Rogers-y ex principal was the sub now. I told her no he really must of done something because they did not send him home for the rest of the day/week/whatever - they took his keys and he had cleaned out his stuff. She added the comment that it must be really bad to be our super this week because there had been a break-in at the high school and a bus had run into another one of our teacher's NEW CAR and did not stop at the scene! I told her that on our field trip it just got worse, because while we were visiting the police station the school officer held us in the lobby for a while because they were processing a 9th grader and we couldn't go in yet. He got a cell phone call (from our super) while he was standing there with us and I heard him say something about visiting with a sexual assault/sexual harassment counselor. OMG! And my student in alternative school apparently mooned one of the other students in class yesterday.

No comments: