Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Need to write or I'll explode

Got to use a gift certificate that a student got me for a facial today. You'd think that would make me be all stress-free and happy, right? Well, I was until MyPoolBoy called as I was pulling out of the parking lot and started his whining about how he wished he could get one, no one ever gives him anything, he had a migraine all day, why don't I turn my car around and go back to the parking lot where he was waiting with Lurch? (mainly because I was trying to call Lurch at that moment and his phone interrupted that call, so I wasn't shirking what I needed to do, but by golly the world revolves around him and I stupidly must've forgotten it while I was de-stressing, so yep, I better tense back up and worry about his sorry butt again!) guilt guilt guilt guilt guilt guilt
It brought up an argument (of course) of how I always get to go on trips and get massages and facials and he hasn't been anywhere without me or the boys since his dad took him hunting in Ozona (B.S., because he went and played golf with some buddies since them, but whatever makes you miserable)

Anyway - I pointed out to him that the massage and facial were GIFTS from students (I left out the fact that he has had two massages in the past year from my sister Pepita who is a massage therapist, one as a gift and one WE PAID FOR) and my trips, well granted the San Antonio trips (the 2 that I've gotten to go on) cost us about $100 each year, but Scotland was a scholarship deal -- I had a 4.0 GPA and wrote a thesis so I EARNED IT. Would he be happier if I just didn't use them and let them go to waste so he didn't feel left out? Yeah, probably.

I swear he's jealous over my grades and how fast I got through college, too, and he gets pissed at ME if I don't help HIM do the same, but he doesn't want to do the work. I have yet to see him study until 3 in the morning and get up to go to work at 6:30.

Also, my last blood-related relative, an aunt, on my dad's side (besides my dad, my brothers and some cousins) died this past week. The funeral was Saturday. Of course MyPoolBoy gets on the phone and tells MonsterInLaaw and they get into a discussion about how many deaths we have had in our family in the last 2 months (his father, my grandmother, his great-aunt, my aunt, and also her son's mother-in-law -- my cousin had to bury his mother-in-law on Friday and his mother on Saturday). Anyway, MonsterInLaw tells him that his aunt (not blood-aunt) had a nephew on her family's side that died a few weeks before -- now, MyPoolBoy doesn't even know this person, but he decides to add it to the list of family that has died because he cannot stand that I might get some attention or sympathy from someone. Honestly, my aunt bought my prom dress, sewed for me every summer when I was little, and took care of me when my little brother was run over by a car when I was little. And here's MyPoolBoy-- poor little PoolBoy-- has a migraine because he's so stressed that his aunt's nephew on her mother's side died. wah wah wah SO I'm trying to grieve and trying not to cry because I want to be tough (can't be a girl in front of him because APPARENTLY I am in a bad mood too much -- well holy cow! my family is dropping like flies all around me!) and MyPoolBoy is griping. The thing that really burned my butt was when I was trying to pack for the funeral Friday morning and I turned on the closet light to find my black shoes. He got mad because it woke him up (at 6:30 -- everyone else in the house gets up by then, anyway, but he gets to sleep until after 7:00 - lazy jerk). I'm thinking HELLO my AUNT DIED and I need to pack for a funeral -- you are doing NOTHING to be supportive except to gripe that you have to teach all day and then have to drive all afternoon to take me to a funeral - ya know what? DON'T FREAKING GO! I don't need to feel guilty about being in mourning. I cleaned BOTH of MonsterInLaw's houses when his dad died AND packed AND shopped for funeral clothes for the whole family AND stayed for over a week at MonsterInLaw's house and he is bitching at me about the closet light and having to drive for one weekend? JERK!

Get off your lazy rear end and DO SOMETHING ... he keeps griping about his classes -- heck he's gotten 2 extensions for one of them and extra time for the other one's research paper.

Just a mess. What a big whiner baby. I'm tired of being married to a child.

Only 2 more days of school thank goodness. We have been watching movies because they dumped all the paperwork on us the last 4 days instead of spreading it out over a few weeks. I'm making a checklist for next year that I will keep in my handy-dandy pink notebook and set up some kind of timeline for starting earlier than they expect.

Found this picture -- thought it was especially appropriate since my aunt was a Scrabble wiz.
Kept hearing her voice as I was falling asleep Saturday night.

No comments: