Thursday, April 27, 2006

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

TERRIBLE: For starters, we had our field trip to the IMAX and on the bus one of the boys got some dog crap on his shoe (the kids said it was under the seat). Well, he tried to scrape it off on the wheel well by his seat and when he did, his foot slipped and he got it on his ankle. So he put his feet up on the back of the seat in front of him to look at where it got on his ankle and he got it on the seat. Well, when he dropped his feet from the seat he got it on his knee on his OTHER leg. So he turned around in his seat and tried to lay down and see where it was coming from. When he did he got his foot up on the back of his OWN seat and consequently, when he sat back up , he got it on the back of his sweatshirt. One more turn around and he got it on his arm! I spent 20 minutes getting the body fluids kit and some Kleenexes and cleaning this kid up. Felix said she would have just let him sit there, but I was figuring since it was something that could potentially make him sick, we had to ATTEMPT to clean it up the best we could in case of a lawsuit. As soon as we got to our destination, I marched him into the lobby to the restroom and made him clean up the rest of the way while I went and washed my hands!

HORRIBLE: Anyway, the kids were very poorly behaved. Had kids tattling on each other for cussing, pulling leaves out of the plants by the benches outside and slapping each other with them, went into the train tunnel at the park (and got reported to us by a teacher from ANOTHER school), ran ahead of all the parents and teachers off the buses to go to the playscape after lunch. Just AWFUL - and embarrassing.

NO GOOD: To add insult to injury (practically literally) we are sitting and lunch with and the little girl across from us is sitting with her mother. The mom says something to the effect that the girl really loves her teachers this year and the little brat says "Yeah, but I love Felix more." This comes after the "vote" a few weeks ago to make graphs for your favorite subject and most kids voted science...of course they come over and tell me that they voted and Felix is their favorite teacher. I have just about decided to get out of the profession... I am going to work really hard this summer and get my language arts system/book ready to publish. I have to get out of this mess.

Oh and I nominated all the other 3rd grade teachers for Teacher of the Year (the other math teacher won) - I told everyone it was because A) they deserved it, but also B) every year the Lamar award in our district goes to someone who is about to retire or is about to quit -- as if it is an honor for the END of your career. My theory is that if you would give it to people when they are still young enough and get some encouragement by being recognized for a job well done, then they might not be looking for ways to retire early or go to another profession in the first place.

VERY BAD: When we get back to school I had an email from the soccer booster club rep that the cd of pictures I sent her last week didn't have pictures on it and she sent me a list of the ones from my yahoo photos that she wants. I came home STRAIGHT after school thinking that I would get it done quickly, but could not get the email to pull up here at home. SO I called her and got her to list them from her Sent mail. Got back on and started to find them all on my hard drive and the dad-gum burner software was locking up my computer. I finally figured out how to do it 2 hours later and got it done in like 15 minutes --- aggravating!

WHAT ELSE COULD GO WRONG: I got so pissed sitting and messing with the computer that all I could do was mull over the day's events in my mind and got a wonderful, usual negative response from my NON SUPPORTIVE husband instead of "that's ok" "I still love you" I got "I'll just go in and tell your boss tomorrow to not hire you back next year, that you quit" Yeah. ok. whatever @$$hole.

Ended up NOT getting as much housecleaning done as I wanted. T-minus 10 hours until the MonsterInLaw arrives. Expect more whining this weekend.

161.5# today and I got a sub for Friday that has actually done my class before - only 2 things that went right ALL DAY.

Wish list: I am wearing a white button down shirt and my khaki shirt and gator loafers. I NEED a good pair of khaki Dockers - my only khaki pants are cargo-type. Would be fun to have a grosgrain ribbon belt or two, also. OOOOOHHH !!!! SHOPPING PROJECT!!!! :-)

No comments: