Monday, April 17, 2006

Only the lonely

You Are Likely an Only Child

At your darkest moments, you feel frustrated.
At work and school, you do best when you're organizing.
When you love someone, you tend to worry about them.

In friendship, you are emotional and sympathetic.
Your ideal careers are: radio announcer, finance, teaching, ministry, and management.
You will leave your mark on the world with organizational leadership, maybe as the author of self-help books.
The Birth Order Predictor

It is odd that this thing is dead-on correct about my traits, but off on the Only child part. I guess part of my upbringing, though, I WAS sort of an only child (at least being the only girl and when I lived with my Grandma) so it may explain why my attributes point towards that. It kind of reminds me of the song "Lonely Boy" from the 70s where the kid thought he was the ONLY one, and ends up being "lonely boy" HMMMM wonder why THAT wasn't my theme song.

News of the day and drama:
TrainWreck had lunch with the track coach at UTPB and interviewed - said he's on the team if he decides to go there.Thunderduck said tryouts with the soccer team looked good for TrainWreck, so the coach of the soccer team is probably going to get him over to fill out paperwork and stuff tomorrow.

When I sent MyPoolBoy a text message about it that just said "utpb track = yes" he called me and asked what I meant. I told him that TrainWreck made the team, the interview went well, and he said he wants to go there. He asked about scholarships, and I told him just the grant package that Thunderduck got was all I know of and he goes off on me bi+ching that we can't afford it, Thunderduck already owes X thousand number of $ (not true, I don't think) and he needs to just come home and forget it if they won't give him a full ride and go somewhere else. I told him that a full ride was out of the question because TrainWreck had not filled out any of the scholarship stuff I gave him to do and it was too late to do any bigger schools and MyPoolBoy gets all pissy. I THINK what may be the problem is that he's been bragging to someone that TrainWreck is going D-1 on a full ride and now he has to eat his words... and he's taking it out on me. Also - Thunderduck was talking to me on the phone tonight after he and TrainWreck got in from soccer practice. He said something about getting the old phone from our account upgrade instead of the new one that MyPoolBoy ordered. I told him it had been YEARS since I got a new phone so he should consider himself lucky. Thunderduck could hear MyPoolBoy griping in the background and he said "oh, great I guess I got him started" I coyly said "correct" and Thunderduck said "I bet you could say PINEAPPLE and he'd get a way to start bi+ching at you out of it" Well I died laughing - cause it is SO TRUE. Later tonight MyPoolBoy came and started the phone argument again, telling me how he was going to tell Thunderduck to take the old phone back, stop griping, and pay for his own phone (The testosterone was flyin' tonight, people!), etc etc I told him that Thunderduck was NOT bi+ching he was just expressing disappointment because I think that he thought he was getting the new one. Again with the griping. I just walked out and did laundry -- it is SICKENING how negative he is. And this is after I told him yesterday that I needed to surround myself with positive thoughts and positive thinking/environment. HE IS THE MOST NEGATIVE INFLUENCE IN MY LIFE - HE RUINED MY HAPPINESS OVER MY SON GETTING TO PLAY 2 SPORTS IN COLLEGE HE RUINED A FRIENDLY CONVERSATION I WAS TRYING TO HAVE WITH MY OLDEST SON AND HE RUINED THE ONLY RELAXATION I HAD AFTER SCHOOL WHILE I WAS TRYING TO GET READY FOR THE TAKS TEST TOMORROW.

btw - the TAKS test is tomorrow.

No comments: