Monday, February 14, 2005

Sick and Tired on Valentine's Day

I've had a cold/sinus infection for the past 4-5 days. Consequently, I've eaten very little -- can't taste it, cold medicine keeps me asleep anyway. I'm down to 156 with my pj's on. If I exercise tonight or tomorrow (still need to recuperate a day I think!), I might can keep it off. I have no appetite again this morning. Yesterday I had MyPoolBoy go get me some grilled chicken and MADE myself eat it. I just didn't want to eat anything. If I could just get under 155 -- the half-way mark -- I'd feel SOOOO much better!

Went shopping for a little while yesterday with MyPoolBoy and the boys. We got some new shoes for Thunderduck and TrainWreck and Lurch, and went clothes shopping. They went to Half-Price Books, but I stayed in the car because I was feeling so bad. We then went and ate and I came home and took some sinus meds and crashed. I was in bed almost all day Saturday, too. Whatever this was really kicked my butt.

7 school days until TAKS. Usually by this time, I am boasting about how relaxed I am compared to other teachers -- because usually by this time I KNOW all my kids will be fine. There are so many "maybes" this year....that might be part of the reason I'm sick -- I'm just flat out too stressed! I'm fixing to do lesson plans...mostly TAKS review. I feel really sorry for the kids who already know it. They are stuck with a panicked teacher and these stupid review sheets. OH! Semi-good news: One of the teachers from the other elementary in town emailed my partner about the treats for TAKS issue and said they were told by higher-ups that it was not allowed. I'm crossing my fingers that it's true! I hate to be such a stick in the mud, but I really think that it is a disservice to the kids and their teachers next year to make them expect rewards for something that they should do anyway.

Ok, gotta finish. I still need to hit Walmart for Valentine's treats before we head off to school.

No comments: