Sunday, March 27, 2005

Oh, heck yeah!

I got down below what I thought was the impassable mark this morning!

I've been taking the fatburner tablets faithfully -- thinking that I'm gonna get around to exercising this Easter holiday weekend, but no dice. Actually, I started feeling run-down and sick yesterday afternoon -- I think that stress finally caught up with me. SOOOOO I got the turkey in the oven and I'm directing MyPoolBoy on how to prepare his first holiday meal ever! He's in there cooking some breakfast right now...it smells good.

Thunderduck and his friends brought home a video yesterday of them boxing at the park pavilion Thursday after school. It was a riot! They started with "footage" of them all at Super Taco and mouthing off to each other. They were basically the only ones in there, except for some other HS kids who the camera panned over to for some cheering and "fan footage" REALLY DUMB but COMPLETELY HILARIOUS!


We got Thunderduck's tux ordered for the prom, and they've worked on "the car" a little, but the engine has been sitting out in the rain and weather so long that I think it is ruined (I'm a little mad about this, because that car ran when we bought it -- it was only after they tore it all down to paint the engine parts that it got left to go to seed)

Took Chunk to the Easter egg hunt at the park yesterday and then went to the feed store and bought a green duck and two chickens. We named the duck Thunderduck, of course...I hope to get some website stuff online today with their pictures.

I bought a Country Sampler magazine yesterday with PERFECT paint colors and decor for the front porch. Plus a few really cute living room ideas. I'm gonna get some stuff on a webpage for it, too.

My other "to-do" lists for today include making a book reading list on Yahoo/Palm, getting Thunderduck's colleges settled, convincing someone to do the rest of the colors of laundry sort/toss done for me, and probably update the Easter webpage to include some songs and movies/DVDs ideas.

OH speaking of holidays! The tree is down and out! I just baggied and labeled the ornaments, washed the skirt and put them in the storage bin-- I still need to find the boxes for the Hallmark ornaments and get a wish list for the ones we still need. AND I put the Spode back in the boxes and in the storage bin. But I was able to clear off the table and put out some new bright spring-y placemats and the Easter baskets and egg holders. I haven't gotten anything else out except the door wreath and the kitchen towels. I really need to inventory and label this box and print the CJ page for it, too.

TrainWreck may be going to the Texas Relays if he jumps over 44 feet again. He was over 41 at Kerrville and won and he will probably be the district champ.

Dad and B said that they may come down for the powwow on the 2nd -- TrainWreck will be in San Angelo for the relays, but Thunderduck and Lurch both said they will probably go dance -- I plan on being in San Antonio for our annual Lucille trip. I absolutely have to remember to send the guest list to the lady at HATM today.

So last night at dinner while discussing the powwow, Thunderduck and Lurch came up with a plan for a talent for Lurch in the Mr. Packmule contest in May (only 5 guys per grade level at the hs are picked for this --it is quite an honor!)...he is going to "fake" sign language to "If You Wanna Be Happy." Too funny.

Ok, so the plan is to stay in bed the rest of the day and get well. I have to grade papers tomorrow and do what little bit of lesson plans I have left to do (since I delegated stuff to the kids at school -- including typing!).

No comments: