Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Visine is not doing it...

My eyes are driving me nuts. I have allergies right now and they are SOOOOO watery and itchy! Visine is not cutting it...actually I think it is making them worse!

My weight right now is 156.5 and I am NOT happy about it. I have to get back to the point where I can exercise every day. I am so behind at work -- already after only 2 days back. They just keep piling crap on us! I had a meeting during my conference the first day back and then I had TAKS tutoring to get ready for yesterday during conference. I had to leave right after tutorials yesterday afternoon because it was Sr. Night at the soccer game. Thunderduck's last home game was last night...sigh.

There were only 3 seniors eligible and the other 2's parents weren't able to make it by 6pm (we didn't have a JV game because so many had failed classes!), so I walked the field with the other boy, the coach walked with the girl/manager, and I ran back across the field to walk with Thunderduck (and MyPoolBoy). Thunderduck even let me kiss him on the cheek before walking out with him. I think that he is really starting to realize now that he is almost done. I had him doing a lot of scholarship stuff since the SAT last Saturday and it is really starting to hit home with him that he's almost outta here.

Also, he FINALLY got his DL and started working on his car again. He and 3 of his friends and MyPoolBoy got the water pump put back on. They put up the pop-up awning that we had bought the day that the soccer game was a downpour and the poor boys were sitting in the constant drizzle. MyPoolBoy and the boys built the "stable" that I wanted for MyPoolBoy to have a work area next to his tool shed "barn" -- I may get my little farm after all! Anyway, they were able to store the seats from Thunderduck's car under the stable and we went to Walmart and bought some velour-type upholstery material (navy and cream color) for less than $4 a yard! We also got some light blue rope piping and I got one of the seat covers done and it looks GREAT (I'm pretty pleased with myself -- not bad for a first time!). We also found some vinyl for about $5 a yard that is really close to the same color navy and cream that we will do the door panels with. It's gonna be really pretty. Now I think I could actually do the couch slip covers with some confidence, too!

Got TAKS results: only 3 in our whole grade level didn't pass -- 2 were mine (but they were closer than the other one). One of them only missed it by one question and everyone is going, oh that's so close -- then I tell them that this is the child that made a 28 on the release/practice back in November so the score has come up about FORTY POINTS! I'm just worried that it was a fluke because this is a bilingual student whose parents denied services and I'm pretty much convinced that if we set a bottle of water on the desk where that test was taken, the water would turn to wine! It was really nothing short of miraculous to me!

I got my Palm charged back up and synced with my Yahoo and I'm gonna try really hard to keep my running to-do lists on them updated. I HAVE to get some stuff DONE around here!

Oh, yeah! Felix broke her tailbone snowboarding over Spring Break...she's miserable! (Her son and Thunderduck and their friends had messed with a Ouija board at an old cemetery the week before and asked if anyone would get hurt on the ski trip and the board said Yes...now they are all freaked out -- it is hilarious!)

Gotta find something to wear and get in the shower -- supposed to only be in the 40s today and I bet I have to do recess duty because Felix can't stand up long enough to do it!

I'm gone...

No comments: