Thursday, January 18, 2007

American FreakShow

Do the people on American Idol not have a momma standing at the doorway going - no way honey, you just cannot go try out? Obviously not. In fact I think the Seattle software guy (27 yrs old) from near the Salt Lake City area - no wait do-over - IN the Salt Lake City area (whatever, nutcase) probably DOES still live with his momma. Taylor Hicks WannaBe the hairdresser was excruciating enough.

Well, my first reaction to the crowd pan that they did of the audition group was "the freaks come out at night." Then I realized this had happened during the daytime, so I figure that a short bus (or at least a tour bus from Arkansas) broke down in front of the audition hall and the occupants got lost in the crowd, handed a number, and shoved on stage. Shallow gene pool is the only explanation for some of these folks!

Then there was Simon's "Bush Baby" - I laughed to tears on that one! Plus his friend thang a thong for Thimon....next, please! Last but not least we met "Red" who dazzled us with his brilliance (and single front tooth) over how he got his nickname and how he has to tell people it's because he has red hair - NO! Are you lying? I'd have never guessed! Thank goodness you brought that to my attention! Bohemian Rhapsody? Is that what that was? Freddy Mercury is doing 360s in his grave - carry on, carry on.

Don't know my weight today. Gonna hold off until February -- ackkk it's killing me! Did 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday and 15 minutes of yoga/stretching this morning. We have a 2 hour late start this morning, so I'm using the extra time to get some school stuff caught up (conference packets/honor roll, lesson plans - which are pretty much a bust for this week- ha!) and getting my routine back on track.

No comments: