Wednesday, January 31, 2007

R.I.P. My Treadmill

.
2 pounds away AGAIN!
Alas, my treadmill died after 20 minutes this morning. It is the switch - I think it flat-out shorted out, so I will have to see if I can get MyPoolBoy to replace it (with more wattage probably, too) Anywhooooo - I am still on the sucker reading email, blogging, and walking in place (I am NOT going to let this stop me from losing the weight I've got going so far!)

Had a break-through with one of the girls in my class during reading tutorials yesterday while we were checking the release tests - she realized that she did not answer one of the questions - she also found an answer she would have gotten correct if she had paid closer attention. She was upset. Good. She and another little girl then started asking about their math release results because I had taken them both in the hall when they finished (first 2 done!) and chewed them out -- they wanted to know if they had really done badly since they finished fast. Lo and behold! The worst 2 scores in the class! I was happy to report that to them (just to teach them a lesson). I think it may have really sunk in. I just have one more flibbertygibbit that is fixin' to have her momma called and will probably get majorly grounded and that'll straighten her up. Then all I have to deal with is the ADD boy....but he is being tested for SpEd...

Ok, so now I gotta hit the showers.

No comments: