Saturday, June 25, 2005

Renewed

We got all 3 of the younger boys off to track today, TrainWreck managed to scratch all 3 of his long jumps, Chunk and Lurch didn't qualify for shot put finals, so we only have triple jump tomorrow. We even bought TrainWreck a new pair of track shoes and he didn't have an excuse. Anyway, he is going to the finals in high jump and javelin so far. We went to eat at Joe's Crab Shack and I was in a BAD mood (it is definitely pms week - my weight is ATROCIOUS - higher than 2 weeks ago - almost as high as 2 years ago!) I was feeling like shades of "Serial Mom" I was just annoyed with the human race in general. Our waitress sucked and had a bit of an underlying attitude - it was all MyPoolBoy could do to keep me from going off on her.

Note to people who make the girl at the t-shirt counter at Joe's Crab Shack go through every freaking t-shirt to show you all the sizes and all the different tie-dye patterns: You need to be aware that the person standing in line impatiently behind you may be about to SNAP and commit a serious crime of bodily injury against your a$$!

Anyway, afterwards we went shopping and I bought a red check pair of shorts, a red collared sweater, a black and white sleeveless Liz Claiborne sweater, and a cute pair of A & F plaid capris. I'm going to wear the shorts and sweater tomorrow. Yes, I'm shallow -- all it takes is a little retail therapy to put me in a better mood. I also got out and did some pool cleaning with MyPoolBoy and there was a a DEAD BIRD IN IT OMG! Anyway, tons of chlorine and clarifier later and having MyPoolBoy put the pool filter on CORRECTLY (which will mean no more scooping out leaves and very little vacuuming!) by the time we got home this afternoon, the pool was about 86 degrees and almost totally clean. I went out and just stretched and listened to my 1979 cd that Thunderduck burned for me. He's supposed to work on 1980 and 1981 for me tonight. I also think I'm gonna look for some Ratpack type music to have him make a cd of for me to drink martinis!

I love my new foot buffer also. I got a BIG handled one and I've used it for 2 days now. My heels are so much softer.

We went to the movies last night to see The Longest Yard. It was really funny. On the way out Chunk discovers he has a little abcess on his gum and starts freaking out. I immediately went to the store and got him a new toothbrush (well everyone actually got new ones) some bubble gum flavored mouthwash and threatened him within an inch of his life to start brushing his teeth and quit lying about doing it. I figure I'll hound him for 9 days and then move on to a new habit to add to the daily routine for the boys. I can't be working myself to death for them every day this summer or I won't get a true break AT ALL!

Ok, going to bed and planning on getting up a little early and having my morning cappuccino! (and doing a little laundry/house cleaning -- see, I AM feeling renewed!)

btw - noticed that blogger has a new photo upload feature....I'll have to try it later!

No comments: