Thursday, June 22, 2006

Back from SA meet

Long day, a little sunburned.

This goes in the category of "NO you may not let your brother cut your hair!"
Thank goodness it is not one of my kids - yet.
http://manolomen.com/2006/06/15/balled-head

Anyway I had put some chicken in the crockpot before we left this morning at 7AM (the boys had to be on the bus at 5AM!) and I managed to shred it and put it in with some peas and carrots and make chicken & dumplings for dinner MMMMMMMMM! We had to go get TrainWreck's friend, Hercules, because he and TrainWreck have been hanging out with their friends and spending the nights at their friends' houses and not getting up in time to go to practice - and oops! - "I didn't know we had a meet today."

MyPoolBoy actually behaved himself fairly well and only got pissy and yelled once but then caught himself.

Lurch DNQd on the high jump but he was over the bar at 5' and just knocked it with his elbow -- I was so proud of him for being a lineman willing to try the high jump! He also got 11th (needed to be 10th to qualify) by pressing 91'8" on discuss -- but he's done over 100 before -- he just had an off day. Oh well he still has javelin and shot and the mile!

TrainWreck got 5th in high jump at 5'8" (which is not his PR but he was squirreling around being a goof). Also TrainWreck got $1200 more in grants today, so his total in grants and scholarships for next year is now at $3600. He will just barely have to dip into his Texas Tomorrow stuff -- which will be a nice jumpstart for him for his soph. year.

Chunk got 7th in high jump at 3' -- last place, but its within 10 places so he goes to regionals - not bad for a little chubby boy!

We are wanting to build a little bar of sorts for the patio out in the back yard with the old piano we have out there. It dawned on me tonight that my brother, ShallowHal, has a big tub of old bathroom tile that was GOING to be part of the remodel that the people that they bought their house from had left behind. We are going to meet them in San Angelo and bring their boys home with us next week -- I think I will see if they have thrown out the tile yet -- if not, I'm calling dibs on it for the bartop!

Finally cleaned the catbox tonight. I'm so freakin' tired though and Chunk wants to burn a cd so I guess I'd better go. Might get on and do a little more SPQ commentary later.

No comments: