Friday, June 23, 2006

Preparedness

Ok, so I'm reading ch 4 of SPQ and the title is "Be Prepared." This is something I've done since my days as a Boy Scout mom -- to the point that I am notorious for having whatever you need when you need it-- including the astroturf that another teacher needed for a display at school 2 years ago. "Sure," I said, "let me go to my car." "No, no," she retorted, "don't drive back home." "Ummmmmm, no," I continued, "it is in my car right now!" That episode only served to further the rumor that I have EVERYTHING. I also managed to find fishnet stockings, a black mini-dress, and blue eyeshadow for a Christmas party prank a few years back -- it was then that my wardrobe became legendary. I have checklists for packing, checklists for the car maintenance (though it never gets done), checklists for holiday decorating -- you get the idea?

Anyway, I am especially prepared at track meets. I have a list online that I print and follow to pack for each meet. I have a designated bag that is embroidered with my name in pink (a gift from a former student). The first aid kit that I tote in the bag to each meet even has a checklist printed and laminated in plastic tucked inside it so that I can make sure I don't forget anything. And then I forget anyway.

Ok, so the SPQ idea of being prepared is first of always shave your legs -- ok, ummm, they need a waxing but I left my last container of wax in the 100plusdegrees heat of Texas in the back seat of the Durango and MyPoolBoy is actually more aggravated than amused by this little catastrophe. BUT I intend to do it this next week after payday.

Rule 2: always wear pretty underwear...HA! I wish! I did recently buy a bra for our reunion that I LOVE -- unfortunately women's underwear doesn't come 10 for a dollar in a huge package like men's, so that, too is low on my list. I think I'll do a new month's resolution to try to start replacing all my old stuff with new.

Rule 3: I will definitely have to ignore this rule -- never wear panties to a party. I don't care about panty lines - I really don't.

We discussed another step at R-Bar Tuesday night - we probably should get some of those hair-comb tiaras (http://www.rhinestonejewelry.com/tiarcomwhol.html) to keep in our purses so that we will always be prepared to "Lucille Up" (something like cowboy up only no pain needs to precede the expression). K (I really must come up with a name for her on here - ummm BagLady) also said that we should make sure that we go buy some skank-wear to go clubbing one night while we are at the coast. I agree -- and feather boas!

No comments: