Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Promise

This totally cracks me up! The trick is, the promise is just that - no more - it is not even remotely intended to be followed-upon, but the shock value itself is enough to leave a man speechless.

The SPQs promise someone that they need a favor from (male) that the WHOLE group of them will give him a BJ!

I was reading this last night at the bar to OutOfPocket, and I had to explain "shooting fish in a barrel" to her! Here's how I explained it: I had her close her eyes for some imagery and picture a lot of fish, goldfish, carp, pirhanas, whatever and that those fish were in a barrel swimming around. Then I said "pick up your 12 gauge" and BLAM! now how easy was that?

I sat and thought about stuff this afternoon -- I heard from Felix that our AP told the other 3rd grade l/a teacher that she was going to put the l/a teacher's son in her own room because she didn't think OutOfPocket had the right skills/experience or whatever to teach 3rd grade reading. Humph! I guess that means that our AP doesn't trust me to teach the boy, either! I was thinking about giving OutOfPocket my look-up-language because I imagine the level of skills that the kids come to us with is going to be quite a shocker for her!

No comments: