Saturday, June 17, 2006

Rain/Track Meet cancelled

So we are all up at 7 am and it starts to rain nonstop and it is headed toward the town where the track meet was scheduled. We called the coach and they are bringing the bus back because it doesn't look like it is going to stop today.

MyPoolBoy made a 40 on his statistics final -- hmmmm funny how that happens when you don't bother to do the last 5 chapters until 13 hours before the test. He had the nerve to call me when it was over and say "if you had started helping me sooner, maybe I could have passed it" Ummmm -- who already HAS a college degree? This is not MY class! I give up.

Finished another book from the library - that makes 3 in 2 days. So far I've read "Theodora's Diary" (cute -- supposedly there is a sequel called "Theodora's Wedding") and I read "Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing" (which really had nothing to do with hunting and fishing, but as near as I could figure they were hunting and fishing for men). The one I just finished was "Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man" by Fannie Flagg (I remember here being on Match Game back in the 70s when I was little -- I heard she also wrote "Fried Green Tomatoes") I still have 2 more, but I am going to have to get me a reading list on my Palm so I can do an interlibrary loan or something to get the books I want to really read.

Got this picture concerning the Bird Flu hitting Floriday from my step-dad. I've seen it before, but this time I wrote a pretty good response:

"This is not even remotely funny. How dare you make light of a situation that is so serious? I am personally distraught over the senseless inhumanity! To think that these poor creatures have been subjected to an incredibly horrific demise! Not to mention their habitat -- somewhere there is a trailer park without its charm - without its bright colors to greet you -- without its joy. Shame on you, you middle-classer! I am going to fly my Dale Earnhardt flag at half-mast on the CB antenna on my truck on blocks in my yard. I'm have to go find a clean mason jar -- I need a drink of Boone's to take the edge off this situation!"

Man, I love those pink plastic lawn flamingos!

No comments: