Thursday, June 15, 2006

A commentator & a nag/rag about impatience

Someone actually read my blog... I practically never click on "Moderate Comments" but I decided to check (cuz I usually have spam stuff in there) and someone had left a comment back in the middle of May. So now I have a kind of odd feeling that I may come across as a real "B" or nag, but I have talked myself into remembering that this is my outlet for all the stuff that I can't say out loud -- hence the title of my blog.

Ok, so on to my gripe for the day -- I twisted my ankle Tuesday at the track while helping the kids move the high jump pit mats. I was carrying the back and couldn't see where I was going, and I stepped off the track and my foot went totally under me and my ankle twisted. It is swollen as all get-out. Anyhoo -- You would think that I would get to rest and stay off of it right? Oh H3LL NO. Tuesday night, MyPoolBoy is about to have a caboodle of kittens cuz he wants to go play in the poker tournament at our hangout....ok, I agreed, I can ice my ankle and prop it up and be fine -- but without asking me he invited Felix over to have brisket that he cooked in the smoker (found it at a thrift store for 9 bucks -- cheap father's day gift!). So I am frantically limping around with l trying to get the house straightened up and clean the back porch/yard -- of course he had class from 1 - 5 and she was coming over at 5:30 so guess who was doing this? Just another example of him not putting me before ANYONE else. Ya know? How about a phone call to ME before inviting someone over to just say, hey, how is your ankle? Do you feel up to company? (NO)
Well, today it is still swollen and hurts a little, but not as stiff, but I didn't stay at the track with the kids this morning. AND MyPoolBoy is still in bed asleep even though he has 27 hours to finish 5 chapters of statistics and take a final. He is a horrible procrastinator when it comes to school work -- and I hate being on the brunt end of his wrath when things don't go smoothly (well, duh, don't wait till the last minute).
I also have decided that yes, he is a bit of a spoiled brat.... He got pretty much everything when he was growing up and he has A) no patience to wait and save to get the things he wants, B) no desire to take a cheaper or used model of something, and C) no patience to get something LATER -- it all needs to be now -- well guess what honey -- all your buds that are getting their feet on the ground and getting to play golf and have nice houses probably didn't have 2 arrests for not paying their bills because they lied to their wife and I bet they haven't had to wrangle financing on their home that they "forgot" to pay (for 6 months) and almost lose their house because they lied to their wife about that, too. He puts on such airs/pretenses and it pisses me off -- he acts like we are freaking rich and buys "toys" that just sit in the yard and rust after he uses them once -- I couldn't even tell you how many Dremels we have. He talks a good game though -- He goes on and on about all he is going to do to fix up the house (that still has concrete floors after 10 years!) but all he does is talk -- Granted right now he is going to school, but ya know what? I have a hard time buying that excuse when he is LAYING IN BED ASLEEP AND HE HAS 5 CHAPTERS TO DO IN ONE DAY BECAUSE HE HAS PUT IT OFF FOR WEEKS!

Impatient is definitely the A #1 word I would use to describe him. He is miffed at MonsterInLaw right now because he wants the little bass boat that his dad had (since his dad died, no one is using it). Well, MonsterInLaw told him yesterday that she might just sell it because she doesn't think that we can afford the insurance and the tags -- well that made MyPoolBoy mad, but good cow, I can't even get him to put the tags on my car. Now his car was always fine, but let me just drive around waiting for a ticket -- he seems to have no clue how much of a nervous wreck it makes me to get behind the wheel -- at one point I had no left turn signal and a brake light out and no insurance and the tags out (still are) and it is not inspected. Ok, he got pulled over in his suburban and got a ticket for the insurance, so now we have insurance (woulda been cheaper just to get the insurance in the first place, duh) He fixed the turn signal cuz MonsterInLaw finally griped at him enough -- apparently my griping doesn't count -- and he sold his suburban, but do you think he will go spend $35 on the tags that have been out for 17 months (yes, over a year!!!!!) NO, but he'll go spend $15 on ice cream with the boys even though we have ice cream in the freezer. Anyway, back to the original point -- MonsterInLaw is right, and I'm not taking his side in the whole boat thing -- if he can't take care of the car and the house and the trailer (that we still don't even have a TITLE paid for yet) then does he really think that we can expect him to take care of a boat, too?

Good, lord, our lives are a mess! All I want is to be a respectable RESPONSIBLE citizen and I am married to this brat-child. If someone gave us a million dollars tomorrow to take care of our financial obligations, you can bet that MyPoolBoy would find some way to NOT pay anything and use all the money to PLAY.

No comments: